Increases the value of your gift - at no extra cost to you

Gift Aid allows us to reclaim the tax you have already paid onto your gift. If you are a basic rate tax payer, this allows us to claim an extra 25% of the value of your donation and at no extra cost to you.


Gift Aid - The Facts

Gift Aid is a simple way for charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to increase the value of gifts of money from UK taxpayers by claiming back the basic rate tax paid by the donor. When The Urology Foundation receives a gift-aided donation, we are entitled to claim the tax paid on that donation.

How does it work?

As an example, if you give a donation of £100 to The Urology Foundation, we will receive exactly £100. But if you give using the Gift Aid scheme we will receive £125, increasing the value of your gift by 25%. We will claim the Gift Aid from HMRC (HM Revenue and Customs) so you won’t pay any extra but your donation increases thanks to Gift Aid.

By completing and signing our Gift Aid Declaration Form, you allow us to reclaim the tax you have already paid. There is no need for you to do anything else.

Who qualifies for Gift Aid?

If you pay enough income tax or capital gains tax to cover the 20 per cent tax we reclaim, you are eligible to take part. Other taxes such as VAT and council tax do not qualify. If you are eligible please complete this Gift Aid Declaration so we can reclaim the tax on your donations to The Urology Foundation.

You must give a separate declaration to each charity you want to donate to through Gift Aid.

Does your Gift Aid Declaration need to be renewed each tax year?

No, you only need to make the declaration once. It will apply to all donations you have made in the last four years as well as to all future donations.

If you stop playing tax please contact us as we will not be able to claim Gift Aid on your future donations to The Urology Foundation.

What if you pay a higher rate of tax?

If you are a donor and pay tax at a rate of 40% or above you can benefit from tax relief by claiming back the difference between the higher and basic rate on your donation. You can do this through your Self-Assessment tax return or by asking the HMRC to amend your tax code.

With Payroll Giving you do not pay the difference between the higher and basic rate of tax on your donation.

Find out more about tax relief on donations.

What should you do if you stop paying tax?

If you stop paying tax your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme please contact us so we can amend your record accordingly.

For more information, please call us on 020 3417 9820 or email

Grandparent – wills image

More from The Urology Foundation